Sunday, October 31, 2010

Happy Halloween to you all!

Yes, this was a Happy Halloween. Full of fun and excitement!
So This past week besides auditions, police stations, and halloween parties, we have been spending our time at the Community Center. The building was huge and very fancy. There was a cool pond type thing in the courtyard. Our group, and the group down the street, were put in charge of the haunted house! Haunted houses are my favorite part about Halloween. Too bad I had to miss The Haunted Forrest this year. But this may have been better.
So a while ago they told us that we were in charge of the haunted house and that some finance company was sponsoring the whole event so we needed to make a list of what we wanted and they would get us for us. Here they go, saving face again. telling us things that they can't follow through on. To make a long story short, we spent our Thurs-Sat Afternoons building a haunted house in the entrance of the community center with mainly black garbage bags, tape and string. I am not going to lie though, it turned out pretty neat.
We split up our group and the haunted house consisted of 4/5 ish sections.
Entrance: Kandace, alicia, Jadan, and I had a creepy clown theme.
Next: Brett and Chase had some psycho/human butcher thing going (to be honest I am not really sure what they did exactly but it consisted of chopped off human limbs, ripped up newspaper, and lots of numbers).
Next: Jess, Kim, Mark, Callie, and Liz had some graveyard theme, with Adam to finish it up, he had hung ropes and "bloody" things around. not really sure what he was going for either. but it works.
Finally: The girls down the street were in charge of the exit. It was pretty much one big scare fest. Their room was just open and creepy.
Miranda, and our Coordinator, Gloria, helped lead people through.
I had a blast! Kandace was our artist and painted everyone's faces. We looked pretty good I thought. We made our costumes from random things we found in the supply room, and I think we turned out pretty great.
I love haunted houses, I love getting scared, but being the scare-er is pretty exciting too.
The fun part for me was being a clown. Reason: It is hard for me to stay serious and not laugh when I am trying to scare someone; so, whenever I was going to laugh, I could just cover it up with some creepy laugh and it worked. I would try to stare people down but holding in a laugh was hard, so I came up with some creepy high pitched cackle/laugh thing. everytime it got quite Chase would come in from next door and say "do the laugh, lauren."
It was weird though because we tried practicing before and all my laughs just sounded silly. and if I try to replicate the laugh it doesn't really work. It was just kind of an "in-the-moment" thing.
And now to answer the question that I am sure is burning inside of all of you...
Does China celebrate Halloween?
No. It has just kind of become something they do with international schools or schools that have foriegn teachers. BUT. don't quote me on that because I have actually heard a few different answers to that question. That was just the latest.
Day 65

No comments:

Post a Comment