Friday, November 12, 2010

Last Vacation, So soon??

Man Alive! It seems as if we were just saying "there is such a long time before our next vacation, what can we do to make time go faster?"
Well, time went fast enough. I can't believe it!
Time flies when you are having fun, doesn't it.
I love teaching, I love the kids, I love China!!
Now, we are getting ready for our semester end performance. It kills me to know I will be going home so soon! Don't get me wrong, I am excited to see everyone, but it is going to be so hard to leave this behind. I have honestly thought that I could stay here for a year. I would totally come back and do it again. But we'll have to see what life throws at me and if that is actually in the plans.
So for now, I'm am just going to enjoy this time I have here. And boy, am I ever enjoying it.
Okay, so it was vacation time again. I am going to have to say, I think this was my favorite vacation. I think it was because it wasn't a holiday. The last 2 vacations fell on National Holidays and therefore, everything was SUPER crowded. So this one was nice.
We went to Xi'an. It was Mark, Callie, Jessica and I. The rest of the group had already been there. They went when we were hanging out on the beach. We stayed at the same hostel as they did because they had said that they really liked it. I am glad we listened because I really liked it too. It was a 4 person room, So we were the only ones in there. Personally I would have liked to have a room that fit more so that we could meet some people. I think that is fun. But I don't think anyone else would have agreed.
This vacation was good because we had good amounts of relaxing and adventure. We spent a good amount of time exploring the city. We rode bikes along the top of the city wall, we found the Small goose Pagoda (from afar) and hung out around the Large Goose Pagoda. I liked it there. There was a strip along the side of the gates where there were shops lining the walk. They were selling lots of treasures and treats. We all got giant Cotton Candy. Mine was blue. It changed the color of my mouth and teeth. Then I bought some bubbles, just for fun. When I was bored I gave them to a little girl. I hope that it made her day. I just liked the feel of it there. kinda relaxing, but it was just a fun place to hang out and to see a famous sight in China. We also spent a lot of time in the Muslim quarter market. We found some pretty sweet treasures there. The one thing that was popular to buy was terra-cotta warrior sets. Which makes sense. We were y the terra-cotta warriors.
Actually, The terra-cotta warriors were my favorite part. Every one in my group that had been said that they were a bit of a disapointment. But personally, I loved it. They were really cool to see. I was kind of in a daze the whole time, I guess just because I was in awe at homw many warriors each pit housed. it was cool to see. I wish I could have read up on the information that was posted. but I couldn't read the chinese. Dangit. It was still remakable to see!
I really did have a good time in Xi'an. Although there were lots of things that I know I missed out on. there are some pretty cool things to see in that area. We are just getting a little low on money, we are nearing the end after all. So Mark, Callie and Jess didn't want to spend it on seeing something Awesome, they wanted to save it to buy more treasures to take home. But yeah, this trip was perfect. Just enough time for a break. Not so long to make you miss home so much, but long enough to cathc your breath.
Now we are home again. It's smooth sailing until the end.
I have started to "work out" with Jadan alicia, and Kandace and I have been trying to plan my weekends so that I can get the most of China.
It also hit me on Wed. I really am going to miss my kids so much! I really get so excited to see them every morning. I really want to bring some of them home with me!
Day 78

1 comment:

  1. I really really enjoy reading about your experiances! and i love the cotton candy story how it made your mouth blue, i love when i change the color of my mouth (:

    ReplyDelete