Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Eric's House.

Okay. So I am not as dumb as I thought. In China, Blogspot is blocked and so I have to find ways to access it. Through the Proxy, some options are not available. Loading pictures is one of them. I also can't change the template. But that is okay. Photobucket is not blocked. I have downloaded pictures there. The link is: Photobucket.com/elmarie-ski.
Anyways...
Last night I got to go on another home visit! This was onle of Callie's students. First of all, Their house was HUGE, even for American standards. They didn't speak any English, but we did have our Native English teachers with us, and our coordinator, Marine. Eric's dad picked us up in his fancy new minivan. (I just liked that it had the new car smell) and when we got there they served us some delicious sandwhiches and fruit and then Eric's mom kept pulling things out of the fridge for us. She poured us all a cup of coffee and then when she noticed that Alicia, Callie and I hadn't touched it she brought us some vanilla coke... And, guess what, I drank it. I know, miss "I don't even drink caffeine", yeah, I drank it. and vanilla coke is really good. but i didn't want to be too picky. I felt bad, but I won't make a habit of it.
Eric was so sweet. He kept serving us our food and asking us if we wanted more. He kept handing us things. My favorite was when he stuck his hand right into the bowl of cranberries and put it on my plate. His mom kept getting mad at him for touching the food.
After Eric was done eating he started pulling out his toys. He would come to me and say "coming, coming" which translated to "come here" and then he would have me play with him. we played with a little picnic set and then, we played with a "Rushhour" game. of course it was driving the cars all over the chair I was sitting on.
Next was my personal favorite. He had me drive around the room on his little motorcycle. I chased him in his little convertable. I was a little big for the motorcycle. But he told me it was okay because his mom would drive it. (I was head and shoulders taller than his mom and probably 100 lbs heavier). BUT I had so much fun. and the teachers got a kick out of me sitting on that motorcycle. I loved that they were all sitting around talking while I ran around the room with Eric. I think it would have been better had I not been wearing a skirt.
So, I love teaching. But I would so much rather run around and play with the children. Eric's mom even invited us over to play with Eric on the weekends! I hope we can! Not for the next two weeks though... We are really busy with Halloween plans... But I'm not telling you about that yet. You will have to wait and be suprised! :)
Day 55

No comments:

Post a Comment